How to Recover Deleted Excel Files?
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet program commonly used to store financial data. Microsoft Excel saves files in .xls and.xlsx file format. Excel program can perform simple to complex numerical operations including graphing using charts, sorting and filtering the data to locate particular information. It allows you to change the data and quickly view recalculated results. But, data loss due to human mistakes has an effect on every person who makes use of computers to store their confidential files. Accidental deletion is one of the most common causes for data loss.
Excel recovery software tells how to recover deleted excel files from all popular storage devices. This software has the powerful recovery process which helps to recover the corruption issue within a few minutes. This software can restore password protected MS Excel files. The software recover MS Excel worksheet, and spreadsheets from Microsoft Excel 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 versions.
Common scenarios responsible for deletion of excel files:
Accidental deletion of Excel files: You may accidentally delete important file instead of unwanted file using Shift + Delete keys. If you want to restore them back from Recycle Bin then you cannot restore those files because files deleted using Shift + Delete keys bypass the Recycle Bin.
Emptying Recycle Bin: Generally, when you delete .xls files using Windows Explorer, they are moved to Recycle Bin. Later, if you want to restore them back then you can restore them from Recycle Bin. You may accidentally empty the Recycle Bin resulting in loss of .xls file. Emptying the Recycle Bin deletes all the files stored in Recycle Bin.
Chkdsk: Important documents may be deleted or some junk entries may be created out of critical data, when Windows executes chkdsk on its own.
Virus attack: If the Microsoft excel document gets infected by a virus then there is no chance that your file will not get damaged or corrupted. Generally, micro viruses are not harmful but some of them can corrupt your Word files severely. A virus acts like a conventional computer virus and takes advantage of excel’s structure and functionality in order to replicate and trigger when certain events occur.
Features of excel recovery software:
- Recover accidentally deleted Microsoft Excel file easily and effectively.
- Built-in special file recovery scan algorithms to find and retrieve lost Microsoft excel document.
- Recovers most popular Excel spreadsheet file formats like XLS, XLSX.
- Supports Excel file recovery on Windows 7, Vista and XP.
- Recover Excel files stored on hard drive, memory cards, External USB drive etc.
- Supports MS Excel 2010, 2007, 2003, Excel XP, Excel 2000, Excel 97 and Excel 95 worksheets.
- Identify and retrieve xlsx file and xls file based on their unique signatures using signature search.
Necessary steps to recover deleted excel files:
Step 1: Download and install free demo version of excel recovery software. Select “RECOVER FILES” from main screen.
Step 2: Select drive from where you need to recover your excel file. Software starts scanning process.
Step 3: After scanning, you can view the recovered file in “FILE TYPE VIEW / DATA VIEW”.
Precautions to be followed to avoid deletion of excel files:
- Use antivirus program in your system to prevent it from virus or malware attack.
- Use strong power source to stop sudden power and power failure.
- Maintain a backup of your respective entire important excel document, and store it in some reliable storage medium.
- Before connecting any other external drive to your system, first scan it to avoid virus attack on system.